It's funny when you start a hobby you never imagine that you will actually do something with it outside of your own little world. I started out with the most simple intention and that was to make a reborn doll that looked something like a baby.... honestly I did not expect I would enjoy this art form so much. There it goes again that question next to, is it an art or craft. Well anyone who paints on a canvas will tell you they make art.... this is no different if the intention is to create art. That aside, I have found myself on a journey since 2006 when my mother showed me her first creation. It's kind of addictive and loads of fun. Who does not love a baby seriously? Well I have enjoyed making these little darlings in many different colours, shapes and sizes. The sculpts to choose from are endless and the world is full of sculptors just waiting to bring out something new to the reborn world. My journey thus far has seen me creating prototypes for some of these sculptors, these are the first production of soon to be released sculpts. They are special! So I feel very lucky to have been given the chance to do this. Most of my work can be found on a google search - Melissa George reborn babies. It's simple enough to find. Until recently that is... someone has decided to take my hard earned name and convert it into their own. I believe there are many reasons a person would want to do such a thing.. The first thing that comes to mind is money. Well, it's true that this will see it's course as I will ensure that. However, what do you do when they constantly attempt to remove you from every part of the internet. You Tube, ebay and even facebook. I have been messaged by all these companies and asked to remove my name. Seems no one is safe really. One could register the name in every part of the world (providing they have a rich daddy - which I don't) or a simple artist like myself could just conform to the wishes of this newly established "Bundles of Love". What is a person to do? Well honestly I feel that each creation speaks for itself but I will not allow my name to be seen on a piece of work that is not my own and less that what it should be.
The original artist to Bundles of Love is Melissa George. The name was established in 2008 and it will remain. Currently my baby dolls can be found on ebay under username - melissageorgedolls. I am on facebook as Melissa George. My work is also found on the Bountiful Baby website, this is an established provider of reborn supplies known by all professional reborn artists. Do not be fooled and purchase a doll from anyone claiming to be me, you will not be happy with the doll you receive.

No comments:
Post a Comment